Friday 4 October 2013

Exciting Time


Had a 'exciting' time last week as we went to Go Ape - myself and my three daughters.  I thought I knew fear of heights before I went but I didn't!, I managed two of the 5 courses but then had to stop as I froze at the top of a ladder for which seemed like hours but was actually only a few minutes. So proud of my daughters as they completed the whole course. My youngest daughter would do it again and again, she loved it.   


Feeling a bit sorry for myself over the last few days as had a tooth extracted which took 45 minutes and a lot of hand and head holding by the dental nurse!  The tooth just didn't want to leave the safety of my mouth so was clinging on as much as possible :) Hopefully don't have to do that again for a very long time.

Got caught in a torrential downpour this afternoon.  Went to post my orders and it was quite nice weather outside. As there was a long queue I had to wait about 10 minutes and by the time I went back outside it was torrential rain overflowing the gutters and huge puddles everywhere.  Seemingly it caused a lot of traffic jams as well as the drains were flooding as could not cope with the amount of rain.  Sun is shining now!

Have created a few new hat designs this week which I am really happy with.


Chunky Cable Hat in Acrylic, can be knit in lots of colours

Different cable pattern in two colours

I call this my bumble bee beanie in DK Acrylic

My Big Bang Theory Hat has been very popular over the last two weeks which is great as I love knitting this hat.

Three of my hats featured in these lovely treasuries this week.

https://www.etsy.com/treasury/MjYxMzk4NzR8MjcyNTA3MDczNA/winters-coming

https://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTkwOTc0MDN8MjcyMjM4MDY0MQ/warm-and-cosy

https://www.etsy.com/treasury/MzcxMTY2NjN8MjcyMjQ4ODY3MQ/christmas-gifts-original-gifts-from-uk

I bought a lovely selection of Sublime pure merino wool this week and as the weather is not supposed to be very nice this weekend I am going to sit in front of my log fire, complete my orders hopefully and then I will be able to start knitting some new designs with this wool. I love the postman delivering new wool:) My office is so full of wool it needs a room to itself.

Now going to make a coffee, grab a nice bar of chocolate and knit :).








No comments:

Post a Comment